[quote_left]Red lips are vibrant & elegant. But you think it suits prettily on other people yet not on you?[/quote_left]
[dropcap]T[/dropcap]rust me, I have been there. Picking the perfect red lipstick to compliment your skin tone tend to be very important. Swipe something on that’s too bright and you end up looking like a clown. Pick something too blue-basedand you could be mistaken for a corpse. That’s why I am going to lay down the law on which reds go best with different shades of skin. I’ve decided to break down the different skin colours into general categories, so if you don’t see an exact match, try to find a happy medium between the two closest shades. Or if in doubt, go for a coral-red since it’s a universally flattering color. So let us break this down…
Fair Skin Tones
If you have peaches and cream complexion, here’s what you need to know:
- For pink undertones, opt for coral reds since they are not so overpowering. Matte reds with a hint of orange look great too.
- For yellow undertones, go with a coral or brick red that is a bit warmer.
Medium + Bronze Skin Tones
For those of you with more olive or golden skin, here’s what works best for you:
- Lucky you! Most shades will work with your colouring… Go crazy!
- True reds, cranberry shades, and pink-based reds look especially lovely with your coloring.
Dark Skin Tones
If you have a deeper complexion, with cool undertones, here’s what you need to know:
- Blue-based reds and cool shades will look best with your rich colouring—think fig, dark cherry, and dark jam.
- Stay away from anything too bright, otherwise it will look harsh.
If you have any extra pointers, please sound off below! Also, if you have a favourite brand and colour that works well with your skin tone, be sure to share that too. Which red Hue are you?