You choice of cosmetics can highlight your sense of style, compliment your best features, and keep you look fresh and full of life. But sometimes these decisions can backfire. We, women, don’t always update our beauty routines as we get older, but we should. Otherwise, the same products and pieces that once worked so well could suddenly give away our real age- or even worse; make us look even older than we really are. Here are some common beauty blunders we should steer clear of.
- Avoid letting your blush look like a stripe of color across your face. Skipping the blush or being heavy headed with it can only make you seem aged.
- Avoid the temptation of trying to cover up the fine lines with a foundation or concealer and powder, as it will only settle into the lines and make them even more noticeable. Use foundation sparingly.
- Avoid applying too much of dark eyeliner as it can make your eyes look a lot smaller and can significantly age you. Apply eyeliner only to your top lash line and a light color to your bottom lash line for finer and more natural look.
- Avoid over plucking your eyebrows. Very thin eyebrows will make your face look sharp and will draw attention to any puffiness under your eyes, thus, it can add you age.
- Avoid using dark shades of lipsticks, especially if you have thin lips as it will accentuate the thinness. Gloss oftentimes gives a softer, more youthful appearance.
- Avoid using frosty, iridescent or metallic eye shadows which will just highlight the fine lines and creases around your eye and might make you look older.
What other makeup mistakes can add age? Feel free to share your makeup tips and advices in the comment section below.